We are asked numerous questions by customers to help them prepare. Some of the most common are:
- Do I have to remover items from Dressers and Chest of Drawers?
No, you do not have to unload most of the things you would have in these drawers. What we do ask you to remove is jewelry, small items that may be lost if the furniture is turned up, Firearms, Money and anything breakable or bulky.
- Should we take apart beds and furniture items before you arrive?
No, this is not necessary. We will be happy to take down beds, take legs off tables, etc. to prepare your for moving. However, you can do these things yourself if you want to expedite your move time and save money. The choice is yours.
- Do boxes I have packed need to be sealed?
It is always best to seal all boxes. This serves two purposes. It prevents items from falling out of the boxes during transportation and allows for easier stacking and transportation of the items.
- Are the boxes that I pack insured?
Items that are packed by you are not covered by our insurance unless the box is dropped by one of our personnel during loading, transport and unloading.
- Do you disconnect washers, dryers, and refrigerators?
We disconnect/reconnect these appliances if requested. If we do, a separate liability form is provided for your signature.
- Do Refrigerators and Freezers need to be emptied before moving?
Yes, All items must be removed from these appliances prior to moving.
- Do you take curtains, shelves, mirrors, etc. down from windows and walls, and do you put them back up?
No, we do not take these items down or put them back up. Pictures and mirrors are taken off walls if we are asked to, but we never re-hang them at the new house.
MOVING DAY TIPS
- Have all items in house packed in secure sturdy boxes. Boxes should be taped closed. Never use plastic bags for packing anything more than cushions or similar light items.
- Remove refrigerated items and items in freezer.
- Have bed linens removed and boxed.
- Remove fuel from powered equipment.
- Have Televisions and other Electronic devices disconnected and ready for shipment.
- Don’t forget to notify the Postal Service of your move and forwarding address.
- If you are moving blinds, curtains, or other structural items, have them down before arrival.